• Ruby 2 Shoes

Simple Roses

Hi there


I hope you've had a great week. We are enjoying the first signs of spring up here in Scotland, it's been beautiful. I seem to have been in butterfly and flower mode now that the weather is getting more spring-like, so I have a floral card to share with you today.

I created this card using stunning rose stamps from Altenew. They are called Simple Roses, and I absolutely LOVE them. They make any card simple to create because they are such a nice size. You don't need to add very much as they are the showstopper. I had kind of given up on my Copics since moving over to Zig pens, but I have a new found love for them now that I have this stamp set.


I wanted to enter two challenges with this card - Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - to use 2 or more patterned papers, and Freshly Made Sketches using the sketch below. As you can see from my photo, I rotated the sketch for. my card design.

I started by cutting two pieces of patterned paper into triangles. Sounds easy, but for some reason, I find cutting squares and shapes really challenging! It usually ends in a conversation with my hubby where I ask him to do it for me. This happened with this card!!


I then cut a piece of vellum using Stix Wonky Square STAX Die-Namics by MFT. I didn't attach this to the card until after I'd coloured my flowers. That way I could put the pop dots underneath the flowers so that they wouldn't be seen.


I coloured my flowers and leaves using the following Copics:


Copics used:


  • Greens: G85, YG61, YG63, YG67

  • Yellows: YR24, Y19, Y17, Y15, Y13

  • Reds: R39, R35, R27, R17


I die cut the flowers and leaves, added them to the vellum panel and then added pop dots underneath them. I'm sending this card in the post, so I added in a few extra leaves so that I could create some stability on the vellum panel with more pop dots underneath them.


I stamped and attached the sentiment from the Simple Roses set, and die cut it with MFT Die-namics Blueprints Dies #27.


A bit backward, but to finish the card, I added the Altenew Gem Frame Die. I cut it in red, and then cut it in half to add interest to both sides of the main panel. If I was making it again, I would add those first, just to make it a bit easier. Last but not least, I added the little red sequins.


Stamps & dies used:


Other supplies:

I hope you like the card.


Thanks for stopping by. Have a fabulous day!




20 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All